The Florida Nonprofit Alliance reports that there are 69,310 nonprofit organizations in Florida. The nonprofit sector encompasses organizations that are defined as tax -exempt under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code. This includes both public charities and private foundations [501(c)(3)] and other nonprofits such as civic league organizations [501(c)(4)].
The Florida Nonprofit Alliance reports that there are 69,310 nonprofit organizations in Florida. Economic Impact of Florida’s Nonprofit Sector:
- Employs 429,800 people, 7% of the state’s workforce
- Generates more than $86 billion in annual revenues
- Holds assets of nearly $192.9billion
- Florida foundations annually give over $1.4billion
- Floridians give $11.1 billion to charity each year, representing 3.4 percent of household income
The current Tax Reform proposals to raise the standard charitable deductions could create major financial setbacks for Florida’s Charities.
To learn more visit: http://www.flnonprofits.org/